Welcome to Massachusetts System of Assurance of Net Metering Eligibility.* The System of Assurance of Net Metering Eligibility is now accepting Applications for Cap Allocations (ACAs). The materials posted here are intended to help users understand what is required to register with the System of Assurance and complete an ACA.
- Net metering Host Customers (i.e., the utility’s customer of record) must start and authorize ACAs. They may assign project Representatives (e.g., developers, consultants, engineers) to help complete an application.
- Host Customers applying for space under the Public cap will need a DPU Public Entity ID to register with the System of Assurance. See the Help and Guidance page for an application form.
- Host Customers who received a cap allocation under the Transition Period Provision (Section 4(a) of the System of Assurance of Net Metering Eligibility) but do not anticipate that their facility will receive approval to operate by 12:00 PM on April 24, 2013, must withdraw their Transitional Period application by contacting the Administrator (email@example.com or 877-357-9030) before submitting an ACA through MassACA.org.
- The application fee of $100.00 is to be paid electronically before the submission of an ACA. Any user assigned to the project may pay the application fee (e.g., a project developer may pay the fee on behalf of the Host Customer).
- At minimum, an electronic copy of an executed Interconnection Service Agreement (ISA) must be uploaded as part of the application process. Additional documents, such as evidence of site control and non-ministerial permits and approvals are required as part of the ACA. Additional documents may be requested by the Administrator, as necessary.
System of Assurance Contacts
For help with www.MassACA.org, including support with user registration and the application proces, contact the Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding net metering rules may be directed to Laura Bickel (email@example.com, 617.305.3588) or Nathan Phelps (firstname.lastname@example.org, 617.305.3707) with the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities.
February 7, 2013
12:00 p.m. – Deadline for project proponents to notify the Administrator that a project will receive authorization to interconnect during the Transitional Period, per Section 4(A) of the System of Assurance
April 24, 2013
12:00 p.m. – End of Transitional Period, per Section 4(A) of the System of Assurance
(*) The System of Assurance was adopted by the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (DPU), pursuant to M.G.L. c. 164, §139(g). The Cadmus Group, Inc. was selected to develop and administer the system of net metering assurance per DPU Order 11-11-D (October 25, 2012).